Yes, it’s hard to believe, but our field sites are quiet. 95% of the fledglings and parents have moved on. Where to? We’ll find out next year!
Amongst some new developments:
– scoped out an abandoned agricultural valley, Nizaito, where we hope to start a new field site
– Valle Nuevo is finally, after weeks of bone-dry weather, starting to receive some occasional showers
– met up with Jorge Brocca from SOH and crew from SCSCB – many good things to come along those lines!
– gave a great presentation to college students in Jarabacoa
– currently traveling in SW DR scouting for more GOSW and exploring options for nest boxes in the region